We would like to acknowledge the sacred land on which Centennial Infant and Child Centre operates. This land has been the site of human activity for 15,000 years. It is the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and the Wendat peoples and is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. We also acknowledge that Toronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit.
Did You Know?
We acknowledge, respect, and wish to raise awareness about Indigenous programs and services in Toronto that are designed around Indigenous perspectives on parenting and child development. We share this information with humility, openness, and respect for Indigenous culture. Did you know that Native Child and Family Services of Toronto offers many prevention services including the following?
- A Parent Support/Early Intervention program
- A holistic and culturally based Pre- and Post-Natal support program
- Four Early ON Centres rooted in Aboriginal culture and tradition
- Aboriginal Childcare Centres Licenced by the City of Toronto
- Children’s Mental Health Assessment and Treatment
For more information on programs offered through Native Child and Family Services of Toronto, please visit: nativechild.org.